You are here
Learn, Teach & Research with the Same Full-Featured Enterprise R Software Used in the Business World
Revolution Analytics recognizes that academics comprise a significant portion of the R community worldwide and that academic researches are a major force for innovation in the R language. In order to support the academic community, Revolution Analytics has created two complementary programs.
Individual Scholar Program
Qualified academics, students, faculty and researchers may download Revolution R Enterprise for use on a single workstation at no charge.
Academic Institution Program
Qualified institutions may obtain a site license to use Revolution R Enterprise on workstations, servers and clusters, on site or in the cloud for an annual licensing fee of $999. Contact us to purchase.
Revolution R Enterprise will give you professional-grade power in the Classroom & Lab
Individual Scholar Program
Qualified individuals: that is students, professors, post doctorates or researchers in good standing at accredited academic institutions are eligible to participate in Revolution Analytics Individual Scholar Program (ISP) at no cost. Qualified individuals may download a single copy of Revolution R Enterprise for use on a single user PC or workstation. Revolution Analytics grants ISP participants the non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right to use the Revolution R Enterprise software by a single approved user ONLY for his/her academic use on one installed PC or workstation.
As a condition for participating in the ISP, users must agree to participating in two, online surveys to be administered 30 days and 180 days after download.
Use of the software is subject to Revolution Analytics’ standard licensing agreement.
Technical support for individuals participating in Revolution Analytics’ ISP program includes:
- Upto 4 hours of telephone support to be used within 30 days of downloading the software
- Email support: Revolution Analytics Support will respond to ISP email requests for support as workload permits.
- Automatic notification of software updates
Obtaining the Individual Scholar Program version of Revolution R Enterprise
- Complete our download form
- Download details will be emailed to the address provided
Academic Institution Program
Accredited academic, teaching institutions, as defined in Revolution Analytics’ End User Licensing Agreement (EULA), may install Revolution R Enterprise on workstations, servers and clusters either onsite or in a cloud environment for yearly licensing fee of $999. The computing equipment on which Revolution Analytics’ software is installed must be under the control of the institution’s IT organization or a departmental administrator with the responsibility of maintaining integrity. Revolution Analytics grants AIP participants the non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right to use the Revolution R Enterprise software on institution servers and workstations ONLY for academic research or teaching purposes as described in the End User License Agreement (EULA). Contact us to purchase.
As a condition of participating in the AIP the responsible parties at the institution agree:
- To allow Revolution Analytics to publicize the use of Revolution Analytics software at their institution, including permitting Revolution Analytics to describe the institution’s use of the software in its Marketing and promotional materials
- Provide Revolution Analytics with server configuration information, including number of cores in the servers on which the software is installed
- Participate in two online surveys to be administered approximately 30 days and 180 days after the installation of the software
Use of the software is subject to Revolution Analytics’ EULA and is renewable yearly subject to compliance with the conditions of participation and the AIP licensing fee that is in effect at the time of the renewal.
The annual subscription for Revolution R Enterprise (AIP) support includes:
- Up to 3 named institution technical contacts who may open support cases
- Unlimited email support from named contacts
- Online case submission and management
- Automatic notification and access to software updates
Benefits of Support
Some of the ways we can help you successfully use your software are:
- Clarification of functions and features of the included R packages
- Clarification of base R and package documentation
- Assistance in identifying and verifying the causes of suspected errors
- Advice on bypassing identified errors if reasonably possible
- Installation advice and assistance
- Assistance with data manipulation, import/export
- Assistance identifying and troubleshooting performance issues
- Revolution R Enterprise Documentation
Obtaining Revolution R Enterprise for Academic Institutions
An official representative (IT Manager, Department Head or person designated by one of these authorities) of a qualified academic institution may obtain Revolution R Enterprise software by contacting Revolution Analytics’ Sales Department.
Supported Versions of Revolution R Enterprise
Revolution Analytics will provide support to participants in either the ISP or AIP programs for either the most current software release or the immediate, previous release. Revolution Analytics will only commit to support Revolution R Enterprise software running on the operating systems and hardware platforms published on its website. To encourage experimentation Revolution Analytics will make reasonable efforts to assist ISP or AIP participants who desire to run Revolution R Enterprise on unsupported operating systems or hardware platforms but makes no guarantees and does not assume any obligations.
- Getting Started with Revolution R Enterprise
- R For Big Data
- Visual Productivity with Revolution R Enterprise
- Revolution R Enterprise Support Offerings
1) Revolution Analytics grants licensed user the non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right to use the Revolution R Enterprise software by a single approved user ONLY for his/her academic use on one installed workstation.
2) This offer only covers the Revolution R Enterprise software itself. Premium Technical Support options are available for an extra fee.