You are here
AdviseR from Revolution Analytics
If you're one of the two-million plus people using Open Source R, get the confidence of real-time technical support from the R experts with AdviseR from Revolution Analytics. For just $795 per year, AdviseR provides you with access:
- Live Technical Support for R, 10x5. Get your answers in real-time from our technical support staff, with the privacy of 1-on-1 communications. Our R experts based in the USA, Singapore and the UK provide coverage 8AM to 6PM, Monday to Friday in your local time zone.
- Unlimited Forum posting. Ask unlimited questions from the comfort of your keyboard: Post and answer questions with your peers online or browse previous conversations for tips and tricks. Revolution Analytics provides the exclusive user forums to help get suggestions from your peers.
- Unlimited Access to the R Knowledgebase. Search for answers to questions from our technical support staff by topic or keyword, for instant resolution to the most common issues.
- Exclusive Training Webinars from R Experts. Included in your AdviseR subscription is free access to monthly training webinars from experts in the R community. Browse archived webinar recordings to learn at your leisure, or join live to ask questions and get answers from leading R developers, package authors, and practitioners.
Relax, we're the experts
Our global team of technical support engineers is ready to assist you with all aspects of using R, including:
- Advice and assistance on installing and running R
- Assistance with data import, export and manipulation
- Assistance identifying and troubleshooting performance issues
- Helping you use R better, with clarification of the functions, features and documentation of R
- Assistance in identifying and verifying the causes of suspected errors
- Advice on bypassing identified errors in R, if reasonably possible
Technical Support is defined as the process of troubleshooting and resolving problems or errors to make the software usable. Our engineers will help you to ensure that R operates free from crashes and error messages during normal operations. Technical Support will also advise on proper installation practices and resources available to help you develop and deploy the various programs and applications you are working on.
A guaranteed response, fast
|Severity||Initial Response Time||
MAXIMUM Update time
|Severity 1 - Complete crash, product is unusable, data integrity will be compromised||4 business hours||1 day|
|Severity 2 - Severe issue, some major functions in R do not work||8 business hours||2 days|
|Severity 3 - Normal question. A minor feature is not working as expected||1 business day||1 week|
Supported R Versions
The following versions of R are fully supported:
- R version 3.1
- R version 3.0
If you are using a different version of R, our technical support team will make their best effort to assist, but may be unable to reproduce or diagnose your problem and cannot guarantee a resolution.
Supported R Platforms
Our technical support team has test environments for the following operating systems so that they can replicate, diagnose and resolve your problems:
- RHEL 5.x and 6.x
- CentOS 5.x and 6x
- SUSE Linux - 11.x through 13.x
- MacOS - 10.6 and up
- Ubuntu Linux - 12.04.3 LTS, 12.10, 13.10
- Microsoft Windows - Version 7, 8, 8.1 - Server 2008, 2012
If you're using R on a platform other than those listed above, our Support team will make reasonable effort to assist in unsupported platforms, but can make no guarantees to resolve your problem if it is related to the operating system platform.
Validated R Packages
Our QA team has independently validated the following packages to pass a battery of tests on the supported platforms listed above. They can therefore provide full support for these R packages:
- R Base packages: base, compiler, datasets, grDevices, graphics, grid, methods, parallel, splines, stats, stats4, tcltk, tools, utils
- R Recommended packages: KernSmooth, MASS, Matrix, boot, class, cluster, codetools, foreign, lattice, mgcv, nlme, nnet, rpart, spatial, survival
- Third-party packages: foreach, iterators, doMC, doParallel, doSMP, revoIPC, rhdfs, rhbase, rmr2, plyrmr, quickcheck
Would you like to see some other package on this list? Revolution Analytics Services can validate a package for you. Contact Revolution Analytics Services for information about validating packages.
For packages not on this list, the Technical Support team can assist with the following, but cannot guarantee to resolve problems.
- Package download and installation
- Package usage advice (subject to available documentation)
- Referring package errors, bugs and other problems to the package author
Using R with Other Applications
Our technical support engineers are experienced in using R connected to various third party applications including:
Technical Support will assist with the integration and access and assist in calls with third party vendors to resolve any issues.
Backed by the experts of Revolution Analytics Consulting
Sometimes you need more than just technical support. Revolution Analytics consultants can provide additional resources to:
- Develop R applications
- Get advice on statistical analysis
- Integrate R with other processes, applications or systems
Our consultants can help build the application and analytics processes by understanding your goals and objectives. Once the project has been scoped, a statement of work will be agreed on and work done to complete the project.
The Fine Print
- One named technical support contact per annual subscription. This contact will be required to register their email address on our Support Portal to take full advantage of the discussion groups, knowledgebase and ticket management tools.
- Support services available 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday in subscriber’s local time zone (excluding local holidays).
- Due to the complex nature of software development and operating environments, Revolution Analytics cannot guarantee the time it will take to resolve a problem after the initial response. We will use all commercially reasonable business resources to insure the timely resolution of problems. Problems related to defects or enhancements in R itself, if so verified, will be addressed through the R-Project defect tracking process.
Get Supported Now
Contact us to learn more, and to subscribe to AdviseR from Revolution Analytics.